movie battles 2 rc3
frostDate: Thursday, 2008-09-25, 9:06 PM | Message # 16
Jedi
Group: Moderators
Does is it means that dlls from GID have unlimited limits for sp

BliznezDate: Thursday, 2008-09-25, 9:28 PM | Message # 17
Admin
Group: Administrators
no- i would like to make that Clear- Serenity DID NOT CHANGE THE SOURCE CODE, All the Changes he made are 100% legal, and made in a base folder only! (At least, as far as i downloaded it and tested it)

Problems with accessing depositfiles
Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

serenity937Date: Friday, 2008-09-26, 4:13 PM | Message # 18
A Lord of the Galaxy
for thoes of you looking to find out more see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Id_Tech_3

http://element61.blogspot.com/2005....-1.html

http://element61.blogspot.com/2005....-2.html

http://element61.blogspot.com/2005....-3.html

Full Source Code of the Quake III version of Id Tech 3 ...the only available sourse code related to jka all commands and build structure the same as jka sc available here..might get you started???

if you read all of it (as i did) it should give you a better understanding of sourse code and sourse code programming commands

its all totaly leagle stuff so dont worry

frostDate: Sunday, 2008-09-28, 7:48 PM | Message # 19
Jedi
Thanks for this,i will read it one time.

kal01Date: Monday, 2008-09-29, 2:29 AM | Message # 20
Jedi in training
Thanks a lot serenity, all i want is a holster mod like in mp but in sp, but the only way is to have the source code. Ill read it all to see what i can do though, can i ask a question to you serenity, if its totally legal, why dont you ask your freind to make it downloadable on filefront and you could give us a link.

Added (2008-09-29, 2:27 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Thanks a lot serenity, all i want is a holster mod like in mp but in sp, but the only way is to have the source code. Ill read it all to see what i can do though, can i ask a question to you serenity, if its totally legal, why dont you ask your freind to make it downloadable on filefront and you could give us a link.

Added (2008-09-29, 2:29 Am)
sorry for double posting but i have know other choice to show you my problem, on my previous post i dont know if its only me that sees it but why is it writen the same thing two times in one post and in between both it says added (2008-09-29, 2:27 am) and again sorry for double post but i just want you to see what it does if you can. Thanks

You call this a diplomatic solution!
MB2 name Lord_Revan!!

frostDate: Monday, 2008-09-29, 3:46 AM | Message # 21
Jedi
His friend cracked source code and its not legall biggrin but serenity is using legal staff,all what he made is legal.BUT he dont have permissions for alllllll mods,models,maps,etc. which he is using,so its forbidden on jk3filefront.

BliznezDate: Monday, 2008-09-29, 1:15 PM | Message # 22
Admin
what makes u think that?

Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

frostDate: Monday, 2008-09-29, 2:00 PM | Message # 23
Jedi
Just dont tell me that you dont know for that rule m8 dry You must have permission for every model you are using which somebody else made ,and give a credit to the author...Serenity already told that RoaJM is not for public,it is for his son and him so he didnt need permission. But because people wanted it biggrin he released it to public.No one is care for that rule except filefront.

Message edited by frost - Monday, 2008-09-29, 2:00 PM

BliznezDate: Monday, 2008-09-29, 2:30 PM | Message # 24
Admin
Hey, watchout- the rule says u cant steal the models- serenity gave credits to the original authors, and it kind of says thousands of times that he didnt make the mod, all the mods are availiable freely on filefront and in OJP Site. So, he didnt break anything, m8
Also, the filefront dont like him because they envy that one peron could make such a huge project- even using already done maps and models- the mod itself is too good to be true, heheh

Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

kal01Date: Tuesday, 2008-09-30, 11:24 PM | Message # 25
Jedi in training
stealing model guys is called a crime, people say that tim stole models, and if no body reported it ,it is becuase the rules where he lives are different. But he still had no reasons of stealing it, this is why you must still ask to the person who made the model, if he says no but you still use it and you state his name in redme he can still do something about it.

Added (2008-09-30, 11:24 Pm)
stealing model guys is called a crime, people say that tim stole models, and if no body reported it ,it is becuase the rules where he lives are different. But he still had no reasons of stealing it, this is why you must still ask to the person who made the model, if he says no but you still use it and you state his name in redme he can still do something about it.

MB2 name Lord_Revan!!

BliznezDate: Thursday, 2008-10-02, 2:03 PM | Message # 26
Admin
well, so far i havent seen a single person who blamed serenity for using their map/ model, or a mod. rolleyes happy

Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

serenity937Date: Thursday, 2008-10-02, 5:11 PM | Message # 27
A Lord of the Galaxy
oh dear i hate this subject.this is the reason why im retiring from modding after G.I.D IS FINISHED..WELL IM RETIRING FROM RELEASING ACTUALY ill continue to make mods for jason(my kid) as long as he has fun playing them.

its so simple for him jason says "Daddy,Daddy can you make me a new starwars game please"

i say " doh oh god please no not again"

then he sees force unleashed advert on tv " Daddy,Daddy can i play that game on pc?"

then i say" erm,erm (god help me please)yes son sure just give me half a year to make it"

Then we put a small movie on youtube .just for fun.of him playing

next day i get 200 emails asking for this mod.erm ok so i release the mod for other people to play.(nice guy)

next day i get 200 email saying i stole the mod maps and models,im a bastard and i should stop stealing other people work and fuck off and die my mods are shit and im killing the jedi community??

honestly guys i can,t win.

if i could make models map and scripts myself i would but i cant .
so i send out loads of emails asking for permission. DIDNT GET 1 REPLY NOT 1.

please guys understand im not a modder ,maybe a mod compiler is a better description.

BUT ONE THING IS FOR SURE I WOULD GIVE MY LIFE FOR MY SON ,SO IF I GET INTO TROUBLE OR FLAMED FOR MAKING MY SON MODS AND SHAREING THEM WITH MY FRIENDS.i dont care,i dont hurt nobody,and ill NEVER say no to my son.i see him once every 2 weeks and i live for him.

does this realy make me a bad person??

BliznezDate: Thursday, 2008-10-02, 8:11 PM | Message # 28
Admin
i understand what you mean, serenity- maybe i shouldn't have to come up with ideas when i came to youtube....... I thought tim's mod was dead- well, at least it is now- so you were the only hope.
But does it have to make a difference for you, what people write? I mean, if there are 200 people saying that you are a scamm, and 2000 asking for you to release the mod- it means that as a result, people are kind of saying "Please, give us the mod too, and we will be happier".
Now, if you made your son happy (Which i think is crucial- from my experience with my dad- pretty sad one) then i see no reason why other people will not be- well, apart from those, who are just envious.
I mean, c'mon, do you really think that all of those 200 emails are from experienced mod- makers, that don't want you to use their mods? Or is it rather that people see mod, think that you are better then them (Because they are lazy, and didnt try making anything themselves) and start looking for excuses to blame you, instead of trying to make the mod themselves?
Anyway, what im trying to say is that if you know that you made a great job, and you and your friends/family are happy too, it doesn't matter what others say.
Also, what you are talking about is in the past now, i guess, because in the last months the only thing i've heard about Serenity was "Where can i download the mod?", "Wow, his mod is awesome! Can you make a <Suggestions about new mod>", or simply people say "Serenity is the best!". I honestly didnt hear stuff like Serenity stole mods, or He is a scam, so i dont think you have to worry about it anymore m8! wink

Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

kal01Date: Sunday, 2008-10-05, 10:51 PM | Message # 29
Jedi in training
Yea serenity bliznez is right, and if you want to retire from modding than do so if it is the best for you and your son, My dad once told me that if the community complains about your work and they arent even able to know what is a Pk3 is that they only are jealous of what you did. I am personally not a perfect skinner, i am able to do good skins sometimes, but if people complain i wont care of what they think, you did your job you gave them what they wanted and waited for so long its now there problem if they complain. And bliz said it even though others complain we still suport you and your work, and you cant have every one on your side, even though you make the best mod ever there will always be one to complain even though he cant do better, its called life. Im not good as bliznez in speech like this but dont worry about it, do your job for your son and the community if they want to see your mod. if you completed what you had to complete then your job is done. biggrin

MB2 name Lord_Revan!!

Forum » Jedi Academy Mod discussion » Movie Battles » movie battles 2 rc3
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Website builderuCoz