Jedi academy: Serenity TC Mods
[New messages · Jedi council members  · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Anakin  
Forum » Jedi Academy Mod discussion » KOTF » About Modelling cloaks (just an observation as JA player)
About Modelling cloaks
rickymaruDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-07, 1:15 AM | Message # 1
Padawan
Group: Users
I observed in all the period I passed to pley JA (I'm playing JA now too) that none modder or skinner created a realistic cloak!!!! Have you ever seen the Darth Vader's cloak? It's just rigid, hard, there's no movement, really motionless: no realistic!!!! We need to find how make a cloak more realistic like in TFU (ps2) or also like LEGO STARWARS. It must move with character, it must be moved by wind, it must be real!!!
I thought to make a cloak made with a lot of small rigid square that tied together make an entire cloak. Every squares respond to wind input and movement input.
I know it's an hard work to do. I don't know nothing about skinning but i think that if someone tries maybe he can do it or he can go close to my idea.
What do you think?

BliznezDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-07, 11:41 AM | Message # 2
Admin
Group: Administrators
oh, thank god u r not leaving us then biggrin

Problems with accessing depositfiles
Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

frostDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-07, 12:22 PM | Message # 3
Jedi
Group: Moderators
OJP team made for OJP v1.3 cloak which makes you completely invisible.Maybe that will be good.But i dont care for cloak,i dont use it..
PS.Bliznez no one leaved this site wink When Serenity told for new patch,every member was here again (even Vito) wink .Who knows,maybe they are checking serenity's channel on youtube ...

BliznezDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-07, 2:18 PM | Message # 4
Admin
i doubt vito will ever be back again, hes an idiot, i now know- he may be right to be angry at me, but leave the whole community eek And blame serenity as well...... Just a fool, imo
Because i thought rickymaru said that we all go to some other mod, but he didnt leave us, thats good biggrin
About cloak- remember the RoaJM? Is that the same type of thing, when you became invisible and started to have model of kyle? Because SP is so diferent from mp.......

Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

frostDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-07, 2:53 PM | Message # 5
Jedi
Quote (Bliznez)
And blame serenity as well

really????What a bastard dry

rickymaruDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-07, 3:33 PM | Message # 6
Padawan
Group: Users
eek Did i say that i'll leave serenity and you??????!!!! Noooooooo! Never! Maybe i said that I saw a lot of enteresting mods in costruction like KOTOR and STALAX but don't worry i'm resting here. happy . However I'm talking about realistic aspect of cloaks in jka.

BliznezDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-07, 3:39 PM | Message # 7
Admin
Hi, serenity!!! Hi all! Merry Xmas!!! Happy new year!!! I hope all of you enjoyed this holydays period!
Now that i'm came back i would ask serenity something: Serenity can you make a download link of your new sabersystem???? Only the sabersystem I need. Because I've changed the computer and for now I can't play GID but only JA + KOTF. Can you please make me this favour??? Thanks however.
bye

Rickymaru

wink Thats why
anyway, im glad u stayed smile

Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

frostDate: Wednesday, 2009-01-07, 4:30 PM | Message # 8
Jedi
That 'bye' was strange to me too biggrin

kal01Date: Sunday, 2009-01-11, 8:57 PM | Message # 9
Jedi in training
yea myabe the bye was strange, but to come back to the cloack i understand what you mean, the real animations of cloth movment, its reaction to the wind etc. this was first seen in the batman begins game i think, it reacted to the environment. its simple to do, but you must know how too do animations and it is quite long.
when you create a moving animaations. and the character has a clock you create an animtaion to the cloak too. so when the animation of left right for the legs, at the same time you make an animation of waving for the cloak. an animation of falling, you make an animation of the cloak waving but on top of you as if you were truly falling with a cloak. its all about two diferent animations at the same time. though the next gen that does those things is far more pushed, and for the next gen xbox360/ps3 i think that its far more than animations.
But if you want to make this then you could contact an animator and ask him to creat cloak animations to include at the same time with your characters different actions and reactions.
hope i could help and it wasnt to complicated to understand.

You call this a diplomatic solution!
MB2 name Lord_Revan!!

kal01Date: Saturday, 2009-02-14, 8:39 PM | Message # 10
Jedi in training
oh and sorry for dounle post, but i think that for this cloa animtion, you would need a new skeleton for the robe. it could be hard to do or to find, so i would say its almost impossible, but if there would be a new skeleton then it would be easy for an animator to do.

and for the double post its a way to bump the thread. while saying something biggrin

You call this a diplomatic solution!
MB2 name Lord_Revan!!

BliznezDate: Sunday, 2009-02-15, 5:18 PM | Message # 11
Admin
i think you have to add new animation in _humanoid files

Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

Forum » Jedi Academy Mod discussion » KOTF » About Modelling cloaks (just an observation as JA player)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024 Website builderuCoz