• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Anakin  
Forum » Jedi Academy Mod discussion » KOTF » My new mod
My new mod
The-LionDate: Sunday, 2009-02-22, 12:53 PM | Message # 1
Admin
Group: Administrators
I'm going to create a new mod. I'm not making any missions or maps or something like that. I want to take the best parts from any mod and combine them with a nice ingame menu. So I'll be using Movie Duals 2 for the battles, I will improve the JO_JAsp mod myself, so you will be able to play JA and JO with both correct voices. And I will use Tim's add/load system for the character selections. So I will not continue to work on this project because I have some trouble with the whole KotF mod because it uses many new custom menus. Also I will remove all KotF maps because it takes so much space. Also the spawn function will be gone.

So it will be something like this:
Nice menu from which you can choose what you want to play:
KotF character menu (not spawn function because it's buggy) to select character in all parts bellow.
Jedi Outcast missions with all Jedi Academy features.
All Movie Duals battles
Default Jedi Academy missions

I don't want to take any of Serenity's mods as a base because, with all respect, they are just save games...not really scripted missions. That's the whole difference between Serenity's mods and all other mods. That's why Serenity is faster in making mods. But his mods are in first place for his son so as long he has fun...

BliznezDate: Sunday, 2009-02-22, 4:39 PM | Message # 2
Admin
I don't want to take any of Serenity's mods as a base because, with all respect, they are just save games...not really scripted missions. That's the whole difference between Serenity's mods and all other mods.

I am still shocked with it..

Problems with accessing depositfiles
Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

The-LionDate: Monday, 2009-02-23, 12:02 PM | Message # 3
Admin
Yeah, I know. The missions aren't scripted. Serenity as he said is more a mod compiler. He combines mini-mods to big maps with spawned characters. Never mind, as long as his son has fun playing them!

But stop with flaming about other mods like KotF, Chronicles and other mods. Because they do script there missions and it's a lot more work. So what you said about JK3Files that they are jealous on Serenity that can make such a massive mod isn't true. Maybe It's a lot of work, but scripting all missions he made is even more work. So they aren't jealous.
But one, thing, Serenity did made some nice sabersystems!

Anyway, back to my mod...

BliznezDate: Monday, 2009-02-23, 1:26 PM | Message # 4
Admin
No, i mean what i did was just expressed my opinion about their mod, and it is Really what i think about them- i mean, the chronicles demo was crap, really- lots of ppl agreed with me, when serenity even though doesnt have the scripts, he actually made the Atmosphere Of TFU game. All the effects, saber system, that is actually better than in tfu, and various oother stuff that he "stole" (in fact, he admitted that he didnt make them), but the main thing is result- result is a groomy sith-atmosphere, full of puzzles and force using situations, where you can fight and block with saber OR use all-newly remade force powers.
Anyway, you wanna know why I am shocked? You are not the first, nor the last who calls Serenity's mod just a savepack...... But you are the first one who says he didnt like it AFTER he played it- most people simply did not bother downloading it, and you are one of the main releasers, who still dont like mod for some reason..... i mean, i personaly would not care if the missions are scripted or not, apparentely not all people have same view. Sad.

Anyway, i am sorry for spamming, The-Lion is right about topic- its for his mod, so if you have some comments about GID, please PM me, or open a new topic.
PS. I didnt flame anybody's forum for ages now- apart from this one, lol

Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

The-LionDate: Monday, 2009-02-23, 4:36 PM | Message # 5
Admin
yeah, I'm sorry, but yeah I don't really like the mod. But it was fun working with it.

Anyway, I'm working on the JO_JAsp scripts to correct the voices

BliznezDate: Monday, 2009-02-23, 4:58 PM | Message # 6
Admin
Well, its your right dry I am shocked. But lets look at your mod, maybe you come up with something better, btw did you make some new menu system, cause i didnt try it yet, could you put a link here.

Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

The-LionDate: Tuesday, 2009-02-24, 10:29 AM | Message # 7
Admin
No, I'm not scripting missions myself, I will use the Movie Dual 2 missions.
So You'll get first a menu from which you can choose what you want to play: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy or Movie Duals

BliznezDate: Tuesday, 2009-02-24, 11:10 AM | Message # 8
Admin
Oh, you are doing menus...... looking forward to it

Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

The-LionDate: Tuesday, 2009-02-24, 11:39 AM | Message # 9
Admin
Not only menus, I'm just finished with improving the JO scripts (lol so I am actually doing scripts tongue ), with the default scripts you'd get or Jaden's voice in Jedi Outcast or you'd get Kyle's voice in Jedi Academy. That's fixed now.

BliznezDate: Tuesday, 2009-02-24, 4:01 PM | Message # 10
Admin
Good........ Btw, you are scripter? But thats EXACTLY what we need for TJM- why didnt you say be4?

Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

The-LionDate: Tuesday, 2009-02-24, 6:16 PM | Message # 11
Admin
No, I can't make scripts, I only know how to edit them

Edit:
I'm just started with combining Movie Duals with the KotF character menu

The-LionDate: Wednesday, 2009-02-25, 5:53 PM | Message # 12
Admin
Ok, I need your advice...Shall I include the character menu which you get in KotF when you change your model ingame?
So you can change your character when you're playing the normal Movie Duels missions. On the other side, it's more fun if you plan the missions with the correct characters...

But my mod also let you play normal JA and Jedi Outcast, so you can choose a Star Wars character before you start playing just like in KotF but in this case it IS more fun if you change your character while playing.

There's one thing which prevents me from directly adding the menu and that's it's a bit harder with modding because you have to change things in 2 menu's.
So what do you think?

kal01Date: Wednesday, 2009-02-25, 9:39 PM | Message # 13
Jedi in training
Group: Moderators
Just one things, it seems nice and very good idea. But did you ask wectorx permissions to use his maps. Im not saying not to use them since you havnt ask yet. But if you havnt it would be nice just to pm him tell him that your doing so. Wector is a nice guy. he realy is great, and doesnt mind to give you tips help and all. so i would ask before. Im pretty sure he wont mind. and after if you want to release to public you wont have to ask him after you did it, so it wiull be something less to deal with. It looks great, but will you continue with our new mod?

and serenity i changed the website so if you read this topic here is the new mod and website. it doesnt affect you since the saber system and animation will be included.

You call this a diplomatic solution!
MB2 name Lord_Revan!!

The-LionDate: Wednesday, 2009-02-25, 11:20 PM | Message # 14
Admin
I don't know if I am releasing it to public. I will never get permission from Tim anyway...You have to pay to contact him! wacko Yes, of course I will work on our mod. This is just my personal project.

BliznezDate: Thursday, 2009-02-26, 12:25 PM | Message # 15
Admin
You have to pay to contact him!

Hahah, lol true

Part 1 discussion
Part 2 Discussion

Forum » Jedi Academy Mod discussion » KOTF » My new mod
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: